Saturday 19 January 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins!


These puppies are currently in the oven! I cannot wait to try them and let you all know how they turned out! 
Why Paleo? Well a lot of reasons, in which I could go on forever but I'll do that at another time....Chris and I mainly eat Paleo because we feel good eating this way. I don't get bloated or feel blah. Chris is also a competitive cross fit athlete, which he will be posting about very soon and they typically follow this type of diet. I will be posting the results of the muffins tomorrow as today we are off to my nephews 3rd birthday party with his momma's birthday celebrations to follow!! January is a Big Birthday Month for us, as yesterday was my fathers Birthday, my nephew and my mother share the same birthday(21st) and it is Chris's Birthday at the end of the month! A few cousins and Uncles also celebrate their Birthday this Month :)
 


The muffins turned out great! I found the recipe on Pinterest Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
(make sure it is 100%pure pumpkin as some of the canned pumpkin has added ingredients!)
6 eggs
4 tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup walnut halves (optional)
1/4 cup dark chocolate pieces (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, add pumpkin the mix in one egg at a time. Proceed to add the rest of the wet ingredients then add your dry mixture to your wet mixture. Fill muffin pan 2/3 full. Bake for 18-22mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Makes 12 muffins.

We did not have maple syrup so I used honey and I also used 85% dark chocolate. These are paleo muffins, so they are not going to rise because they do not have the yeast in them like traditional muffins. I will differently be making these again and the only thing I would do differently is add a tad more of the spices. I hope you all enjoy this recipe and please let us know how you like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment